About 333 Nahanton St
Built in 1896, this 121,141 square-foot property sits on a 28-acre lot in Newton, MA.
The four-story Romanesque brick building was designed by church architects constructed by William H. and John A. McGinty. The building follows a rough H pattern, with a seven-story tower at the right front.
The building cost $300,000 to build, a large sum for the time, and very nearly bankrupted the organization, which provided housing for homeless boys in exchange for a share of their wages. The facility was managed by the Xaverian Brothers until the 1970s.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. The property is now the campus of the JCC Greater Boston.