Ink Block Phase One Update 03/07/16
National Development has announced several exciting new retail options coming to Ink Block along Harrison Avenue in Boston's South End. Per a report by The Boston Globe’s Tim Logan, four new restaurants will soon open at Ink Block in the Phase One and Sepia buildings. These will include:
- A new cocktail bar developed by Ken Casey, guitarist of The Dropkick Murphys
- Bar Mezzana, a new Italian restaurant developed by alumni of local restaurant group Barbara Lynch Gruppo
- A location of local restaurant group JP Fuji, who is also opening a restaurant at under-construction West of Chestnut in Quincy Center
- A location of salad chain Sweetgreen, who recently opened a location in Fort Point next to soon-to-open Caffe Nero
This spring, the South End Open Market will move across Harrison Avenue from Ink Block. A Harrison Avenue redesign is also in the works with bike lanes, plantings, wider sidewalks and other improvements.
Ink Block site graphic via National Development
Siena, a 76-unit condominium building, and AC Hotel South End, a 200-room hotel, are currently under construction at Ink Block. This spring, construction will commence at 345 Harrison Avenue, located across Harrison Avenue from Ink Block. 345 Harrison Avenue, a mixed-use development by UDR, will contain approximately 577 residential units and 33,500 square feet of retail. Related Beal has also filed a Letter of Intent to construct a residential development at the former Quinzani's Bakery site located across Traveler Street from Ink Block.
Recently, the New York Streets Neighborhood Association was formed in the rapidly-developing neighborhood surrounding Ink Block. The Association’s mission is “to support and advocate for the interests and needs specific to the New York Streets in Boston's South End neighborhood.”
The following is a list of development projects in the New York Streets Neighborhood Association’s locale:
- 345 Harrison Avenue (UDR)
- AC Hotel South End (National Development)
- Siena (National Development)
- The Lucas (New Boston Ventures)