About Concord Academy
166 Main Street, Concord, MA
Concord Academy is a coeducational, independent college preparatory school for grades nine through twelve in Concord, Massachusetts. The school enrolls 378 boarding and day students as of 2013–14.
In 1971, Concord Academy became the first all-girls' boarding school in New England to shift to a coeducational model.
Concord Academy's primary campus is on 39 acres between Main Street and the Sudbury River in the center of Concord, Massachusetts. The campus includes eleven historic houses on Main Street, all built as family homes between 1780 and 1830. It is a three-minute walk from the center of Concord and a five-minute walk from the MBTA Commuter Rail stop in Concord.
Among the campus buildings are the PAC (Performing Arts Center), the SHAC (Student Health and Athletic Center), the main school, the newly built CA Labs, and the MAC (Math and Arts Center). The Elizabeth B. Hall Chapel is a 19th-century meetinghouse that was transported to Concord from Barnstead, New Hampshire in 1956. It serves as a meeting place three times per week for the entire Concord Academy community.
The new 13-acre Moriarty Athletic campus, a mile from the main campus, includes six tennis courts, a baseball field, a field hockey field, and two soccer/lacrosse fields. A field house contains changing rooms, a training room, and a common room with fireplace. These new facilities freed up space on the main campus for expansion of academic and arts facilities.